content top

Who do we Help?

The New Canadians Centre provides settlement services to anyone born outside of Canada, no matter how long you have lived in Canada or what your current immigration status is.  We regret, however, that we are unable to provide services to potential immigrants living outside of Canada unless they are arriving soon in Peterborough.

Settlement services can be accessed in person, through email, or by telephone.  You are welcome to drop by the Centre for assistance at any time, and we will do our best to serve you as quickly as possible.  However, we can only guarantee that someone will be available to meet with you if you contact us ahead of time to make an appointment.

If you have a question or want to make an appointment, please contact the Settlement Services Coordinator or any of the settlement staff.

Itinerant Services

If you are unable to come to our Peterborough or Cobourg office, you can still access our services by phone or email.  In addition, settlement and other staff may be able to travel to areas outside of Peterborough such as Port Hope, Lakefield, Lindsay and Omemee.

The New Canadians Centre offers services in Peterborough County and Northumberland County and in the following townships in the County of Peterborough:  Asphodel-Norwood, Havelock-Belmont-Methuen, Otonabee-South Monaghan and Smith-Ennismore-Lakefield.  Please contact the Settlement Services Coordinator or any of the settlement staff for more information or to arrange for services in your area.